Six Blood Sugar Balanced Snacks To Make This Week!
Say goodbye to sad, stale snacks that leave you looking for something more to munch on less than an hour later. Try one of my seven favorite blood sugar balanced snacks for optimal blood sugar. Remember to keep in mind Fat and Fiber, as well as the fact that snacks are just smaller meals. We want balance, we want variety, and we want real food first!
Gone are the days of stale lonely carb pretzels and sugary granola bars, it’s time for blood sugar balanced snacks that taste good and leave you feeling great!
- Superfood Snack Bites with NOW Foods- I am a huge fan of the NOW Foods Pea Protein powder for a plant-based source of protein that has a neutral flavor. Great for adding into pancakes and waffles!
- Pumpkin Spice Protein Bars – Vanilla protein powder is key to this recipe for adding a little bit of sweetness without any inflammatory sugars. Rowdy makes one of my favorites, and it’s made with collagen!
- Chocolate Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding with Lil Bucks – If you haven’t tried the chocolate sea salt Lil Bucks clusters, you have to order these ASAP! They’re the perfectly sweet crunchy addition to chia pudding or any pudding for that matter! I order mine on BUBBLE so I can stock up on other snacks I love as well.
- Blood Sugar Bliss Trail Mix with NOW Foods – If you’re still calling the m&m and raisin trail mix a healthy snack, we’ve got an issue! Make your own and pack in all the nutrients to support your blood sugar and hormone health. I like to switch up the nuts and seeds I use, and will add chopped brazil nuts for a special treat!
- Keto Coco-Custard Pies with Catalina Crunch – The key ingredient here are the Catalina Crunch chocolate sandwich cookies. They taste like an Oreo but contain only 2g of sugar 12g of carbs, that’s a blood sugar win! You can find them at Sprouts, Whole Foods or Amazon.
- Date Caramel Dip – The key to good date caramel dip is using the best dates, which in my opinion is Natural Delights. Soft, chewy and naturally sweet, they make a delicious blood sugar balanced snack!
Looking for more blood sugar balanced snacks that have a Registered Dietitians stamp of approval? Shop my favorites such as B.T.R. protein bars and The New Primal jerky, and upgrade your snack time in a snap!