In que-so you were wondering I created a new family-friendly breakfast casserole that has zero green things, a huge dose of protein, and savory fuel for the perfect way to start your day. It’s husband and picky kiddo approved.
I’m going to be quick with this intro because
- This month is freaking busy. This quarter. THIS. WHOLE. DANG. YEAR. I told myself that I wasn’t busy, because I really like that type of positivity in my life. But I am lying to myself. So, healthy & quick meals, only.
- Also, who wants to scroll all day to find the recipe? Not I. Although those are the precious minutes I wish I could get back…
YES, okay, I want my husband and my *future* children to eat greens, but some days it’s just easier if they don’t know they’re there. And we’re certainly not going without them! Meet the perfect essential to your weekly meal plans.
Okay, let’s eat!
- 5 eggs whisked
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup ¡Yo Quiero!™️ queso
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 TB garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray avocado or olive oil for pan.
- Preheat your oven to 375 - Cut your spaghetti squash in half. Spoon out the seeds and discard. Place spaghetti squash cut-side down on a paper towel in the microwave for 7 minutes. Repeat for both sides. Let cool. While your spaghetti squash bakes, crack all your eggs into a bowl and whisk together. Add spices, queso and nutritional yeast. Your spaghetti squash should be cool at this point, use a fork to remove the threads. Add them directly to your egg mixture.
- Now grease an 8x8 glass baking dish. Pour your mixture in the dish. Bake your egg casserole for around 40 minutes until it doesn’t jiggle anymore. Yes, shake the container, that simple. It should also be slightly round on top when done. Serve with some ¡Yo Quiero!™️ queso or guacamole on top for some pizazz. We all need that on a Monday. Lasts all week in the fridge.
This post was sponsored by Yo Quiero. As a dietitian, I believe they have wonderful products one can include in a healthy diet. I’m thankful for their support of my mission.