Calm down and warm up with this protein-rich, fiber filled healthy chicken chili, great for lunch or dinner!
Healthy Chicken Chili
- 2 lbs. organic chicken, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 6- 12 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken bone broth (I like FOND – use code WHITNESS for 20% off)
- 1 cup canned (full fat) coconut milk
- 4 oz can green chiles
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. Grab a large soup pot, put over medium heat, and olive oil and minced garlic.
2. Once the garlic is fragrant, add chicken. Mix as needed with a wooden spoon to
cook on both sides.
3. Once chicken is ~ halfway cooked through, add in your peppers, onions, jalapeños, and green chiles. Mix together and let cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Now add your chicken broth and coconut milk, along with all spices.
5. Stir together until well combined.
6. Cover and let simmer for about an hour minutes to let the flavors meld together.
7. Eat fresh; or consider freezing a batch (if you’ll actually thaw it out again!)